Sunday, September 18, 2011

My first HUGE project!!!

Ever since I met my husband back in '05 I have saved clothing that has been special to us, important events or just really comfy ones. Every time we moved there was a bag full of cloths that I would add to. Finally last year I went through those cloths and cut them up, and put them in with my sewing machine. Then I started the biggest project I have ever done. I made a HUGE very warm quilt bigger than my 6'2" husband! There was no pattern or design, just random squares together and random piecing the rectangles together.

each big rectangle pieced together ready to be sewn up

Each row all rolled up and ready to be sewn together.

All the rows sewn together ready to be measured to the back.



showing the size.. bigger quilt than my husband.
The finished product, and showing the corners of the quilt blue and green.



The finished quilt is almost a king size, super warm, I put more batting into it. It is a little bit heavy but it is a great HUGE first quilt. A job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment